Delicious Chicken karahi hot and spicy, with chappattis or garlic naan
HDM Spice Shop:
Recipe type: Chicken Curry
Serves: Serves 4
- 750g Chicken breast
- 400g Onion (finely sliced)
- 200g Tin tomatoes (liquidised)
- 2 Small tomatoes
- 1- 2 Green chillies
- 2” of Root Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tblsp Olive Oil or Ghee
- 100ml Yogurt
- 1tsp Lemon Juice
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 2tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-1½ tsp Chilli powder
- Slice onions finely, & wash thoroughly, grate ginger & garlic on cheese grater, remove coriander leaves from stalks
- Heat oil in pan and add onions, garlic & ginger, cook on a gentle heat for 5 mins.
- Add garam masala, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt & chilli powder, mix well for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Stir & simmer for 15 mins on low heat with lid on.
- Add liquidised tomatoes, stir curry continuously for 5 mins to breakdown the onions & tomatoes to a masala sauce. Use hand blender if onions are still visible
- Add chicken, stir for 5 minutes before simmering for 10 minutes. Keep checking & stirring.
- Cut whole tomatoes into quarters and add them to chicken. Add lemon yoghurt, juice & green chillies to the curry. Stir gently & allow to simmer for 5 mins. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve